Tuesday 8 November 2011

Soap Opera Trailer Target Audience

I needed to start considering the target audience for a soap opera trailer so that I can start to consider what will be needed in mine to attract the correct audience. I needed to consider timings it is on along with other aspects such as demographic groups I will be aiming it towards.
After watching television and finding and recording what times we saw soap opera trailers on the TV it was clear that the times differed. Knowing from research that some popular soap operas were on before the 9 oclock watershed its clear that the actual soap opera genre depending on its content of course is aimed towards all types of age groups, with this in mind I needed to think about the types of people who would be watching the television at times before the watershed. From looking at the results obtained about what shows were when the trailers were shown it was shown during the breaks or just after popular shows which have high rating. So when relating for when I create a soap opera trailer with my group I would like to have had it shown between the break of a popular TV programme. I also need to take into consideration the content that will be in my soap opera so that I can place my trailer between a popular programme that has similar content to that of our soap opera to ensure the correct target audience (the people who would be watching the show like ours) see it.
The demographic groups that soap opera trailers are aimed towards are lower ones such as C, D and E . This is through the use of versimilarude that is used throughout the trailers towards lower demographic groupings such as market stalls, fast food shops, pubs and cafe's.
The times that the trailer would be on TV will effect the target audience as if they are on later for example after the 9oclock watershed they will be aimed more towards older teenage years and adults so as a group we will need to consider the times that our soap opera trailer would be shown so that it aims at the correct age group that we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment